Panorama Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home in Panorama City, California. With an overall score of B, this looks like a fine option. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this facility. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Panorama Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Panorama Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other achievements is its top-shelf long-term care grade. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a grade of A-. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. Overall this looks like a good option for long-term care.
Does this page answer your questions about Panorama Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area was short-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this area. In crafting these short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The next area we looked at was nursing. We awarded this nursing home a C in this category. The nursing rating considers a host of subcategories. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Providence Holy Cross Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away15031 Rinaldi St Mission Hills California 91346Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 365-8051
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Lac/Olive View-Ucla Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away14445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342Voluntary non-profit - Other(818) 364-1555
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 12.4 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Holy Cross Renal Center1.5 miles away14901 Rinaldi Street, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (818) 365-6961
- Fmc-Mission Hills1.5 miles away11550 Indian Hills Road, Suite 100 Mission Hills California 91345CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (818) 898-1724
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis1.58 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822
- Fmc-San Fernando2.47 miles away451 S. Brand Blvd., Suite 100 San Fernando California 91340CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 837-9980
- Fmc-Rai-South Brand-San Fernando2.47 miles away501 S. Brand Blvd. San Fernando California 91340Dialysis Stations: 5 (818) 365-5270
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center2.8 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC2.9 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis2.98 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225