Located in Goodyear, Arizona, Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center is the sole option we were able to find in this city. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires respectable marks in most areas. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A- for the area of inspections. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed more favorably in this category. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We weighed the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home was awarded a decent long-term care score of C. Long-term care ratings are meaningful for residents in need of personal care. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinates 96.63677 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 3.1% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 80.03% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Palm Valley Rehab & Care Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Abrazo West CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away13677 West Mcdowell Road Goodyear Arizona 85395Proprietary(623) 882-1970
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 3.7 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.44 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.09 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.94 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.59 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Avondale Dialysis (Dsi)0.92 miles away13055 W Mcdowell Rd Ste f101 Avondale Arizona 85392Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 935-5460
- Goodyear Dialysis (Fmc)3.18 miles away500 N Bullard Ave Ste c34 Goodyear Arizona 85338CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 925-8955
- Palm Valley Dialysis (Fmc)3.38 miles away13657 W Mcdowell Rd Ste 106 Goodyear Arizona 85338Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 536-1096
- Avondale Dialysis (Fmc)3.5 miles away10750 W Mcdowell Rd Ste e500 Avondale Arizona 85323CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 643-9334
- Estrella Mountain Dialysis, LLC (Ara)5.45 miles away9250 West Thomas Road Suite 120 Phoenix Arizona 85037CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 772-7363
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Estrella (Dva)6.45 miles away8410 W Thomas Rd Ste 100 Bldg 1 Phoenix Arizona 85037CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 247-0808
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate Home7.21 miles away6622 N 91st Avenue Ste 210 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 1 (623) 877-0209
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate7.21 miles away6622 N 91st Ave Suite 120 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 23 (623) 772-1334