Palm Garden of West Palm Beach is a large facility located in West Palm Beach, Florida. This facility received a superb overall score of A, resulting in it being one of the five highest rated nursing homes in West Palm Beach. Even with West Palm Beach featuring 12 nursing homes to choose from, this one stood out as a superb selection. As you will find below, this place performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Palm Garden of West Palm Beach
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its first-rate overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A for our nursing rating. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also fared very well in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this area. Short-term care ratings are important for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Palm Garden of West Palm Beach?
This facility has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this facility received a very strong grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home completed a straight A profile. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Palm Garden of West Palm Beach Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels.
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Palm Garden of West Palm Beach, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 11 other nursing homes
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 2.85 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.34 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach0.12 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC1.58 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches2.32 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers2.33 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit3.1 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC3.15 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Continental Dialysis Care3.57 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center4.38 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611