Palm Garden of Tampa is one of a host of available nursing homes to select from in Tampa, Florida. With an overall grade of A, this is undoubtedly a top-shelf nursing home. We really can't say enough great things about this facility. As you can find below, this place performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Palm Garden of Tampa
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Palm Garden of Tampa?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this facility received a very favorable grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility topped off a straight A report card. When facilities receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Palm Garden of Tampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Palm Garden of Tampa, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.43 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.73 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.25 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 17.16 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Usf Dialysis Center1.83 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis2 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa2.86 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis5.34 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Dialysis5.4 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Fmc - Ybor City5.45 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center6.41 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Dsi - Tampa Central7.16 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100