Palm Garden of Clearwater is located in Clearwater, Florida. The city provides a variety of available nursing homes. This facility is one of the top nursing homes we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. In our view, this place looks like a great choice for just about anybody. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Palm Garden of Clearwater
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is it received an A+ inspection grade. This is just about as good as it gets in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this facility was given a first-rate grade of A in our long-term care area. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.74094 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Palm Garden of Clearwater?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in this area. In fact, it received a of A- in the category. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
In the final category we assessed, this facility received an impressive grade grade of A- in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home completed a straight A report card. Nursing scores are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Palm Garden of Clearwater Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Palm Garden of Clearwater, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Clearwater, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Clearwater, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 12.76 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater1.83 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Bma - Clearwater2.95 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin3.42 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center3.78 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC7.25 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center8.88 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies8.88 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC8.91 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490