Pacifica Nursing and Rehab Center is a small nursing home located in Pacifica, California. This facility is one of the best nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it was given our most impressive score. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 25 best facilities in California. Headlining this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Pacifica Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pacifica, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Pacifica, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Pacifica, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed this well in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pacifica Nursing and Rehab Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this facility also excelled in our long-term care category. We awarded it an A in this category. This topped off a straight A report card. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were not able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pacifica Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pacifica Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pacifica Nursing and Rehab Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Seton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away1900 Sullivan Avenue Daly City California 94015Voluntary non-profit - Church(650) 992-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away1200 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 742-3200
- Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1501 Trousdale Drive Burlingame California 94010Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 696-5270
- California Pacific Medical Center - Mission BernalAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away3555 Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco California 94110Voluntary non-profit - Church(415) 641-6562
- Ucsf Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0296 San Francisco California 94143Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 353-2733
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away1001 Potrero Avenue San Francisco California 94110Government - Local(415) 206-8000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco California 94115Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 833-2646
- Daly City Dialysis Center1.84 miles away1498 Southgate Avenue Daly City California 94015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (650) 755-4751
- South San Francisco Home Training3.04 miles away74 Camaritas Ave South San Francisco California 94080Dialysis Stations: 7 (650) 589-8562
- Westborough Dialysis Center3.4 miles away925 El Camino Real South San Francisco California 94080Dialysis Stations: 5 (650) 624-5433
- Westlake Daly City Dialysis Center3.44 miles away2201 Junipero Sierra Boulevard. #A Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (650) 755-9480
- Satellite Dialysis Daly City3.44 miles away2001 Junipero Serra Blvd, Suite 100 Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 746-3140
- Wellbound of Daly City3.64 miles away2001 Junipero Serra Blvd Daly City California 94014Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 550-3600
- Satellite Healthcare South San Francisco3.72 miles away205 Kenwood Way South San Francisco California 94080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 616-7788
- Rai Ocean Avenue5.36 miles away1738 Ocean Avenue San Francisco California 94112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 406-1090