Pacific Health and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. Based on our analysis, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's report card was its exemplary nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Pacific Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A. In computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed favorably in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. In determining these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Pacific Health and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in this category. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
The last category we assessed was inspections. This nursing home did not receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. We gave it an F in this category. This pulled down this facility's overall grade significantly. For places that received this bad of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home had 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines in recent years in excess of $50,000. This often means that inspectors grew tired after several years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pacific Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pacific Health and Rehabilitation, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pacific Health and Rehabilitation, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - WestsideAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away2875 Nw Stucki Ave Hillsboro Oregon 97124Voluntary non-profit - Private(971) 310-1000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Newberg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away1001 Providence Drive Newberg Oregon 97132Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 537-1555
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC1.9 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909
- Pnrs Tualatin3.2 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center3.25 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Sherwood Dialysis Center4.61 miles away21035 Sw Pacific Highway Sherwood Oregon 97140Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 925-0105
- Pnrs Beaverton6.22 miles away2715 Sw 153rd Dr Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 520-1363
- Pnrs Twin Oaks8.02 miles away15201 Nw Greenbrier Parkway #C-2 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (503) 690-4883
- Cornell Road Dialysis8.52 miles away1700 Nw 167th Pl Ste 230 Beaverton Oregon 97006CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 439-8829
- Fresenius Medical Care Noble Woods, LLC8.92 miles away5333 W Baseline Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97123Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 615-2161