Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center is in Garden Grove, California. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best ratings we offer. Indeed, this turned out to be the highest rated nursing home in the city. This place also received consistently good grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
12072 Trask Ave.,
Garden Grove CA 92843
85.95% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. The nursing rating weighs many factors, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, this nursing home also received a first-rate short-term care grade, with a B+. This finished off a very impressive report card. In computing these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pacific Haven Subacute and Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Garden Grove, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Garden Grove, California has 5 other nursing homes
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.58 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.69 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- Davita-Garden Grove Harbor Dialysis0.45 miles away13054 North Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove California 92843CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 539-3395
- Fmc-Rai-Harbor Blvd.-Garden Grove0.56 miles away12761 Harbor Blvd., Suite I-3 Garden Grove California 92840CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 539-3122
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove1.37 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255
- St. Joseph Hospital Renal Center2.82 miles awaySr. Elizabeth Bldg. 1100 W. Stewart Drive Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (714) 771-8037
- Satellite Healthcare Orange2.98 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Fmc-University Dialysis Center of Orange3.02 miles away1809 W. Chapman Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 634-3583
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis3.11 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center3.17 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870