Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Fresno, California. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires solid scores in most areas. Fresno features many nursing homes, but we question whether you will need to visit too many others. This one is a high quality option. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well in its overall grade, this facility received even higher grades for short-term care. It earned one of our best scores in that area with an A. Short-term care grades are often employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we have deficiency data for this nursing home. We wish we had more information about this nursing home. Without having all of the deficiency related data, it ended up being a challenge to assess the place in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating consists of several datapoints, however, the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this nursing home was awarded an excellent long-term care score. This facility didn't turn out to have any weak links. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents who had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pacific Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fresno, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Fresno, California has 19 other nursing homes
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 11.28 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Fmc Fresno Airport East2.17 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Ash Tree Dialysis2.69 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- Community Dialysis Center3.59 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis4.43 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Fmc North Fresno Dialysis6.84 miles away6737 N. Willow Bldg C Fresno California 93710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (559) 324-1070
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis7.75 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030
- Davita Herndon Dialysis Center7.8 miles away560 E Herndon Ave, Ste 101 Fresno California 93720CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (559) 432-5278
- Fmc Clovis8.06 miles away2585 Alluvial Ave Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 25 (559) 324-8023