Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home is a facility in Bayside, New York, which has 47,490 people. This nursing home turns out to be a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this facility. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection rating. Inspections is its best category. In this area, we awarded it a grade of A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it was awarded a dominant short-term care grade. Indeed, short-term care ended up being its second most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a score of A. In computing these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this nursing home also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 85.09317 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home was awarded a decent nursing rating. While this isn't quite as dominant as many of its other grades, this is really not the end of the world. Our nursing grade assesses several factors, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below average. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 13.6% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 91.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ozanam Hall of Queens Nursing Home, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 2.91 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.45 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Elmhurst Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away79-01 Broadway Elmhurst New York 11373Government - Local(718) 334-1141
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Fms-Bayside Dialysis Center0.17 miles away201-10 Northern Boulevard Bayside New York 11361CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 423-6638
- Davita Clearview Dialysis0.37 miles away4560 Francis Lewis Blvd Bayside New York 11361Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 224-2398
- The Rogosin Institute Auburndale Dialysis0.56 miles away39-20 Utopia Parkway Flushing New York 11358CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (347) 783-7700
- Vestal Healthcare LLC1.84 miles away176-35 Union Turnpike Fresh Meadows New York 11366Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 969-3293
- Trude Weishaupt Memorial Dialysis Center1.84 miles away@ New York Hospital of Queens 59-28 174th Street Fresh Meadows New York 11365CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (718) 670-1276
- Queens Dialysis at the Pavilion, LLC2.1 miles away36-17 Parsons Blvd Flushing New York 11354Dialysis Stations: 12 (718) 888-5200
- The Ny Hosp Med Ctr of Queens2.39 miles away56-45 Main Street 8th Floor Hemodialysis Unit Flushing New York 11355Dialysis Stations: 4 (718) 670-1258
- Davita Jamaica Hillside Dialysis3.38 miles away171-19 Hillside Ave Jamaica New York 11432Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 526-2051