Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Pascoag, Rhode Island, a city with a total of 6,738 people. This is a quality facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Pascoag. This facility truly has plenty going for it. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 92.201836 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a bit below what we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a favorable short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Switching gears to the last category, we gave this facility a grade of D for nursing. This is the facility's worst category rating. Sadly, this score pulled down the facility's overall grade a bit. There are a variety of criteria within this area. Most of these factors are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which had UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.96% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.59% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Day Kimball HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away320 Pomfret Street Putnam Connecticut 06260Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 928-6541
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.25 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.05 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 17.91 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- South County Dialysis Center8.85 miles away336 Thompson Road Suite 1 Webster Massachusetts 01570CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 943-3998
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island11.7 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket12.89 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Dialysis Center of Johnston13.51 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Davita North Providence Renal Center14.31 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley15.48 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Nna of Providence16.73 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Nna - Pawtucket17.37 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995