Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf is a senior living facility located in Alton, Illinois. This city has a population of 32,704 people. Sporting an overall grade of A-, this facility is ranked among the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf
Updated Mar 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
915 E 5th Street,
Alton IL 62002
Note: Data for Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ government inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. We were not able to locate deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also received favorable short-term care scores this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a score of B+. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is typically a meaningful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. There are numerous datapoints within this area. Most of these datapoints are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility received a highly favorable long-term care score. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this category, topping off one of our finer report cards. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf, null ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of long-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure long-term care.
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Jersey Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away400 Maple Summit Road Jerseyville Illinois 62052Government - Local(618) 498-6402
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 19.32 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Davita - Alton Dialysis2.03 miles away309 Homer Adams Parkway Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (618) 462-0186
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois2.26 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584
- North County Dialysis Center7.45 miles away272 Mayfair Drive Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 859-1234
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis8.64 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864
- Cross Keys Dialysis9.06 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis9.21 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County9.29 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast9.68 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322