Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf is a facility located in Alton, Illinois, a city with 32,704 people. With an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is among the better facilities we assessed. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a wonderful choice for most people. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
915 E 5th Street,
Alton IL 62002
Note: Data for Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Alton, Illinois Awards 2019
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this facility was awarded a dominant grade of A- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grade is often used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. It doesn't look like this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When calculating our nursing scores, we analyze both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we assessed, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility completed a very impressive report card. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Osf St Anthony's Health Center Snf, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of long-term care.
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Jersey Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away400 Maple Summit Road Jerseyville Illinois 62052Government - Local(618) 498-6402
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 19.32 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Davita - Alton Dialysis2.03 miles away309 Homer Adams Parkway Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (618) 462-0186
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois2.26 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584
- North County Dialysis Center7.45 miles away272 Mayfair Drive Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 859-1234
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis8.64 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864
- Cross Keys Dialysis9.06 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis9.21 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - North County9.29 miles away6865 Parker Rd. Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 653-6100
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast9.68 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322