Osborn Health and Rehabilitation is on a list of 11 possibilities in Scottsdale, Arizona. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 25 best facilities in Arizona. We can not find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are impeccable. As you can see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Osborn Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually perfect. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. It doesn't appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few facilities performed better in this area. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Osborn Health and Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. There are a number of criteria within this grade. Most of the subcategories reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our short-term care grade. This rounded out a very strong profile. Short-term care scores are important for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Osborn Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 3.1% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 80.03% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Osborn Health and Rehabilitation, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 4.87 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)0.23 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale0.7 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)1.7 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)2.88 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Fresenius Kidney Care Desert Sage3.48 miles away4901 W Mcdowell Road Suite 120 Phoenix Arizona 85035Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 272-3116
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)3.58 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)4.04 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.58 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142