With an address in Vacaville, California, Orchard Post Acute Care is one of just two available facilities in the area. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a respectable rating. At the end of the day, this nursing home ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this place's report card is is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Orchard Post Acute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
101 S Orchard Ave,
Vacaville CA 95688
50.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in the area of nursing, with an A-. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. In determining a facility's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are seeing patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a favorable score in short-term care. This facility received a grade of B+ in this area, which turns out to be one of our better grades. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Orchard Post Acute Care?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its third highest category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 95.12195 percent of its residents. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last category of inspections, this facility really did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in this category. This ended up really pulling this facility's overall grade down as we heavily weight this category. We would advise paying close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We suggest you scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 3 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, we want to point out that this facility was assessed significant government fines recently totaling more than $100,000. This typically indicates that a facility's bad track record spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Orchard Post Acute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Orchard Post Acute Care, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.68 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.82 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sutter Davis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.8 miles away2000 Sutter Place Davis California 95616Voluntary non-profit - Private(530) 756-6440
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.94 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Creekside Dialysis Center0.79 miles away141 Parker Street Vacaville California 95688Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 453-1325
- Vacaville Dialysis Clinic0.81 miles away941 Merchant St Vacaville California 95688CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (707) 449-6485
- Davita Fairfield Downtown6.73 miles away1800 North Texas Street Fairfield California 94533CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 399-9984
- Rai Chadbourne9.39 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Fmc Solano County10.82 miles away125 North Lincoln Street, Suite B Dixon California 95620Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 678-6433
- Joy of Dixon Dialysis Center11.56 miles away1640 North Lincoln Street Dixon California 95620Dialysis Stations: 11 (707) 693-8301
- Fairfield Dialysis Center11.64 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Silverado Dialysis15.95 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533