Onpointe Transitional Care at Texas Health Arlingt is a small facility located in Arlington, Texas. We awarded this nursing home an overall rating of A, which is an extremely impressive score. Indeed, it turned out to be the highest graded facility in the city. In spite of Arlington offering 10 nursing homes to choose from, this one stands out as a first-rate selection. We also gave this facility strong grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Onpointe Transitional Care at Texas Health Arlingt
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a top-shelf short-term care grade. Indeed, this turned out to be this facility's second most impressive category score. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Onpointe Transitional Care at Texas Health Arlingt?
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this nursing home was awarded a dominant score of A in our long-term care area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to our last category, this facility received a high-end nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that category, finishing off one of our more impressive report cards. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Onpointe Transitional Care at Texas Health Arlingt Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Onpointe Transitional Care at Texas Health Arlingt, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Onpointe Transitional Care at Texas Health Arlingt, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington0.43 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis1.09 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC2.71 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC2.8 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Eastchase Dialysis Center3 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372
- Arlington Dialysis3.28 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- South Arlington Dialysis Center4.17 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- West Arlington Dialysis4.69 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403