O'neill Healthcare Lakewood is an average-sized facility in Lakewood, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. This place definitely has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
O'neill Healthcare Lakewood
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lakewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also earned first-rate health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in this category, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another strong feature for this facility is that it was given a very positive short-term care score. In fact, this proved to be its second best category score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are important for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about O'neill Healthcare Lakewood?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing score considers a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is this facility's poorest category. However, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for our long-term care category. Our long-term care ratings are more important for patients in need of more traditional assistance associated with personal care. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 91.96142 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
O'neill Healthcare Lakewood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 5.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 0.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 5.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 2.09% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 95.98% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 8.06% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 7.23% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 7.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 12.05% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In O'neill Healthcare Lakewood, 82.73% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 9.47 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis0.03 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Davita - Detroit Road Dialysis2.55 miles away7901 Detroit Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44102Dialysis Stations: 23 (216) 961-6498
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis2.58 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis4.73 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500
- Community Dialysis Center4.74 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis5.43 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West5.64 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC5.84 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808