O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park is an average-sized facility located in Cleveland, Ohio. This is a great facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. Despite Cleveland offering 48 nursing homes available, this nursing home managed to stand out as a first-rate choice. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. We were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care score. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.50495 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. There are a number of criteria within this category. Many of the criteria relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was this nursing home's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- in our short-term care category. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In O'neill Healthcare Fairview Park, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis1.81 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern2.18 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC2.42 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center3.44 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West3.97 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis4.11 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights4.26 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis5.78 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645