Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center is in Pomona, California, a city with 154,204 people. This facility a middle of the pack overall rating of C, which made it one of the five highest rated facilities in Pomona. You could certainly do worse than this nursing home. This nursing home did not fare well in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. In computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable area ended up being its short-term care grade, where it received a C. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is considered to be a fair measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, ended up being this facility's least impressive area. We gave this facility a D in that area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.78723 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Olive Vista Behavioral Health Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Pomona, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Pomona, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis0.37 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930
- Davita-Chino Dialysis2.03 miles away4445 Riverside Drive Chino California 91710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 464-0347
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis3.99 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership4.22 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.4.38 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center4.65 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.5.26 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.5.57 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320