Ojai Health & Rehabilitation is a small facility located in Ojai, California. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable rating. Based on our assessment, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. We were also pleased to discover that this place received consistently decent grades in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Ojai Health & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
601 N Montgomery St,
Ojai CA 93023
85.4% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Ojai Health & Rehabilitation has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it a grade of A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care grade is one of its more favorable features. The facility received a B- in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This score is more often than not a fair measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Ojai Health & Rehabilitation?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is a decent grade in this area. Our long-term care scores are based on the nursing home's amount of nursing services. This includes a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Ojai Valley Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 1.39 miles away1306 Maricopa Hwy Ojai California 93023Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 640-2280
- Ventura County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.03 miles away300 Hillmont Avenue Ventura California 93003Government - Local(805) 652-6075
- Community Memorial Hospital San BuenaventuraAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away147 N Brent St Ventura California 93003Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 652-5011
- St Johns Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.17 miles away1600 N Rose Ave Oxnard California 93030Voluntary non-profit - Private(805) 988-2500
- St Johns Pleasant Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.61 miles away2309 Antonio Ave Camarillo California 93010Voluntary non-profit - Church(805) 389-5800
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Santa Paula11.93 miles away253 March Street Santa Paula California 93060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (805) 525-3977
- Davita-Dialysis Center of Ventura12.12 miles away2705 Loma Vista Road, Suite 101 Ventura California 93003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 643-7549
- Fmc-Santa Paula12.54 miles away242 E. Harvard Blvd. Santa Paula California 93060Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 525-1500
- Fmc-Ventura13.64 miles away4567 Telephone Road, Suite 101 Ventura California 93003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (805) 658-9211
- Fmc-Oxnard17.01 miles away1801 Holser Walk, Suite 310 Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (805) 988-3339
- Davita-Oxnard Dialysis Center17.14 miles away1900 Outlet Center Dr. Oxnard California 93036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (805) 278-3961
- Davita-Channel Islands17.74 miles away3541 W 5th Street, ste.A Oxnard California 93030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (805) 984-5140
- Fmc-Camarillo Dialysis Center19.28 miles away3801 Las Posas Road, Suite 103 Camarillo California 93010Dialysis Stations: 15 (805) 388-2449