Located in Delaware, Ohio, Ohio Living Sarah Moore is one of five nursing homes in the city. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we found. A score in this range requires excellent marks across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the three best nursing homes in Delaware. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Ohio Living Sarah Moore
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
26 North Union Street,
Delaware OH 43015
67.65% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most meaningful for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Our inspection scores are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Ohio Living Sarah Moore?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. We awarded this facility one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. Even though this is not on par with several of this nursing home's other grades, it is nevertheless a positive score. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 94.28571 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ohio Living Sarah Moore Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which suffered falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 90.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ohio Living Sarah Moore, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Delaware, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Delaware, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.27 miles away561 West Central Avenue Delaware Ohio 43015Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 368-5145
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.78 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away500 London Avenue Marysville Ohio 43040Government - Local(937) 578-2289
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.63 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Marion General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.12 miles away1000 Mckinley Park Drive Marion Ohio 43302Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 383-8400
- Fmc - Delaware Dialysis1.39 miles away36 Troy Road Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 363-7171
- u.s. Renal Care of Delaware2.39 miles away1788 Columbus Pike Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 12 (740) 369-4870
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis13.95 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC14.15 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest14.38 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis14.42 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Davita - Canal Winchester14.7 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Davita - Dublin15.2 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359