Ohio Living Park Vista is a senior living facility in Youngstown, Ohio, which has a population of 163,222 people. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 22 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ohio Living Park Vista
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Ohio Living Park Vista has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Youngstown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We really couldn't find anything positive to say about this nursing home. It received a lowly D in the area of short-term care. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Given its score in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Finally, we considered the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Ohio Living Park Vista?
We wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its inspection score. An F in this area is alarming because it generally points to red flags on the facility's government inspections. For nursing homes with poor inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular facility was assessed one deficiency on its inspection report. We were relieved to find that it wasn't in a category that suggests that it posed a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care, where this nursing home received a very poor score in this area also. It received an F for this category, which is definitely a major concern. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home provided the vaccine to only 70.08197 percent of its residents, which is not a very encouraging sign. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ohio Living Park Vista Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 6.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 5.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 0.42% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 12.34% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 9.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 41.15% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 81.34% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 10.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 7.23% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 7.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 15.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ohio Living Park Vista, 77.87% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 21 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.56 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.68 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Fmc - Youngstown0.4 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis2.9 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg4.65 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown5.76 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC6.26 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis6.4 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.7.23 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.8.8 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995