Ohio Living Llanfair is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, which is among the largest cities in the nation. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the top grades that we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. Even in a city offering 72 nursing homes, this facility is a great option. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ohio Living Llanfair
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cincinnati senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Ohio Living Llanfair?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its strong resume, this facility also was awarded a strong short-term care grade, with a score of A-. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a decent grade in this area, with a grade of C. Although this wasn't on par with several of this facility's other scores, it is still not a bad grade. With our long-term care assessment, we assess the sheer volume of care offered by a nursing home, as well as a few qualitative metrics. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated just 85.9375 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ohio Living Llanfair Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 5.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 2.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that have suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 9.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 10% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 24.59% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 90.16% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 10% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 13.45% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 13.45% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 10.57% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ohio Living Llanfair, 85.64% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 71 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 4.64 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 11.37 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Cinld, LLC1.32 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis1.54 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900
- Dca of Cincinnati2.51 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Davita - White Oak Home Dialysis3.1 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 385-3580
- Davita - White Oak Dialysis3.1 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 741-1062
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis3.42 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dci - at Drake Center3.58 miles away151 West Galbraith Road Cincinnati Ohio 45216Dialysis Stations: 5 (513) 418-2675
- Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Med Ctr4.63 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue, Unit - Mlc 7022 Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 7 (513) 636-4443