O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf is located in San Jose, California. The city has a multitude of available nursing homes. This facility received a very impressive overall rating of A-, resulting in it being among the ten highest rated facilities in San Jose. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which is a positive for prospective patients with significant health conditions. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also strong. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on San Jose senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. It does not appear that we have deficiency data for this facility. We wish we had more data for this facility. Without the deficiency data, it was a challenge to fully evaluate it in this category.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. The nursing rating assesses several subcategories, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is generally a useful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a favorable grade of B. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 6.38% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 7.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 21.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In O'connor Hospital Dp/Snf, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.11 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 3.47 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center0.33 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center0.91 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose1.24 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek2.25 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center2.29 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- San Jose at Home2.34 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC2.55 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Kaiser Permanente - Skyport2.92 miles away1721 Technology Drive Dept #245 San Jose California 95110Dialysis Stations: 1 (408) 436-4300