Greenbrier Health Care Center is in Arlington, Texas, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. With an overall score of B-, this is a respectable nursing home. Even with Arlington featuring 10 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home looks like a fine option. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Greenbrier Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
This nursing home's best category score came in nursing. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. It outpaced most facilities in this category. The nursing score weighs several datapoints, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded them a B+ in that area, which is one of our better. In forming our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenbrier Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a respectable score in the area of long-term care, with a B-. Our long-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of care. This means a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 97.849464 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last category of inspections, this ended up not being this facility's weakest grade. Inspection ratings are based on a facility's recent inspections. We awarded this nursing home a C in this category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were category G through L deficiencies. This indicates that it dodged the more ominous categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenbrier Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington0.06 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis0.74 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC2.51 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC3.01 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Arlington Dialysis3.12 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- Eastchase Dialysis Center3.39 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372
- South Arlington Dialysis Center4.25 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- West Arlington Dialysis4.73 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403