Greenbrier Health Care Center is in Arlington, Texas, which is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation. With an overall score of B-, this is a respectable nursing home. Even with Arlington featuring 10 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home looks like a fine option. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Greenbrier Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
This nursing home's best category score came in nursing. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. It outpaced most facilities in this category. The nursing score weighs several datapoints, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded them a B in that area, which is one of our better. In forming our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenbrier Health Care Center?
We also found that this facility has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.35165 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenbrier Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenbrier Health Care Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington0.06 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis0.74 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC2.51 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC3.01 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Arlington Dialysis3.12 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- Eastchase Dialysis Center3.39 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372
- South Arlington Dialysis Center4.25 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- West Arlington Dialysis4.73 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403