Oakpark Healthcare Center is a small nursing home located in Tujunga, California. This nursing home turns out to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for most people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Oakpark Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with an A+. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Oakpark Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care. This facility was given a grade of C for the area. In our long-term care score, we look at the volume of care offered by a nursing home, along with some qualitative data points. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oakpark Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 9.57 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis4.27 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis5.01 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Fmc-Burbank6.02 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- Davita-North Glendale6.41 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Fmc-West Glendale6.84 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis7.37 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC7.56 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis7.56 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016