Oakpark Healthcare Center is a small nursing home located in Tujunga, California. This nursing home turns out to be a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for most people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Oakpark Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Tujunga senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with an A. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Oakpark Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B+. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility was given an acceptable long-term care grade. Although this was not nearly as elite as some of its other scores, this is still not a terrible score. With our long-term care score, we look at the sheer volume of services provided by a facility, as well as some qualitative metrics. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oakpark Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 11.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 1.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 0.73% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients that have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 11.66% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 22.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 52.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 15.38% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 10.65% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 10.65% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 2.32% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oakpark Healthcare Center, 79.26% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 9.57 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Davita-Burbank Dialysis4.27 miles away1211 N. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank California 91504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 842-5576
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis5.01 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Fmc-Burbank6.02 miles away2031 Alameda Avenue, Suite 202 Burbank California 91506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (818) 845-3830
- Davita-North Glendale6.41 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Fmc-West Glendale6.84 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis7.37 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Laurel Canyon Dialysis, LLC7.56 miles away8987 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Sun Valley California 91352CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (818) 771-9950
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis7.56 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016