With an address in Oakland, New Jersey, Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is the only facility located in the city. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the best scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. Based on our ratings, this place is simply as good as it gets. This nursing home was also given phenomenal ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
20 Breakneck Road,
Oakland NJ 07436
81.67% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly perfect. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its top-shelf achievements in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care rating. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.30796 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our short-term care rating. This is a very impressive grade. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was awarded a high-end nursing score. We gave it a grade of B+ in this area, topping off one of our more favorable report cards. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.89 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 10.44 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis4.26 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.16 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.29 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center7.63 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- Davita East Paterson7.74 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis7.78 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis7.78 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis7.95 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570