Oak Brook Care is a large nursing home in Hinsdale, Illinois. This is a great nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Oak Brook Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hinsdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Hinsdale, Illinois Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In addition, this nursing home also earned excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of A-. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Brook Care?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses are with residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in the area of long-term care. This was the nursing home's worst category rating. However, we wouldn't dwell on one bad category. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 95.52846 percent of its residents, which is higher than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Brook Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oak Brook Care, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oak Brook Care, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oak Brook Care, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oak Brook Care, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oak Brook Care, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oak Brook Care, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oak Brook Care, 87.05% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oak Brook Care, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oak Brook Care, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Oak Brook Care, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oak Brook Care, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Brook Care, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oak Brook Care, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.01 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- Nocturnal Dialysis Spa0.76 miles away1634 S. Ardmore Ave Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 812-7933
- Nx Stage Kidney Care0.8 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340
- Fmc - Elmhurst Dialysis Center2.03 miles away133 E. Brush Hill Rd. Elmhurst Illinois 60126CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (630) 833-1446
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC2.56 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC2.56 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center2.87 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis2.89 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Usrc - Villa Park Home Therapies2.94 miles away202 East North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 415-3458