Oak Trace is a small non-profit nursing home located in Downers Grove, Illinois. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Illinois. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Downers Grove senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Downers Grove, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Downers Grove, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Downers Grove, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. This is what you like to see on an inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given dominant marks in the category of short-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A+. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more critical for residents in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Trace?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing score consists of many components, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. This actually is this facility's worst area. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest grade still beats out most nursing homes. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We weren't able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Trace Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Trace, 12.09% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oak Trace, 67.59% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Davita - Woodridge at Home2.58 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge2.75 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Willowbrook2.99 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center3.65 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.79 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.79 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis5.96 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.4 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340