Oak Trace is a small non-profit nursing home located in Downers Grove, Illinois. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Illinois. This is an impressive feat in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You really can not do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate nursing home also fared very well in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities performed better in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is considered to be a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Trace?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. There are several subcategories included in this grade. Many of these subcategories are tied to nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care, in which this nursing home received a B-. This actually was this facility's least impressive area. This is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. It does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Trace Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Trace, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oak Trace, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Davita - Woodridge at Home2.58 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fkc - Woodridge2.75 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Willowbrook2.99 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center3.65 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC4.79 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC4.79 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis5.96 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.4 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340