Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home in Wayne, New Jersey. Sporting an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a good fit for quite a few people. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
261 Terhune Drive,
Wayne NJ 07470
94.5% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility performed well in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.12794 percent of its patients. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.72 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this facility also earned a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This place performed better than most facilities in this area with 55 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, at most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay patients return home.
The final category we analyzed is nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable scores in this area, with a B. This facility turned out to be relatively strong across the board. The nursing grade includes several subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 3.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 5.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 92.7% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Ridge Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Wayne, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Wayne, New Jersey has 7 other nursing homes
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 10.36 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis5.16 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis7.62 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center7.94 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis8.28 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis8.4 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis8.42 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis8.56 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Davita East Paterson8.59 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079