Oak Ridge Healthcare Center is a small nursing home located in Roseville, California. This is a quality facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other facilities in Roseville received similar scores. In our view, this place looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Oak Ridge Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
310 Oak Ridge Drive,
Roseville CA 95661
89.4% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our highest grades. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this facility an B+. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Ridge Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this nursing home also received a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.02631 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at ended up being this facility's weakest category. However, even in its worst category we still awarded it a decent grade of B- in short-term care. With our short-term care rating, we try to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Ridge Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression. Some believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Roseville, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Roseville, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 8.45 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.35 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.33 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Rai Harding Blvd0.52 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071
- Davita Roseville Dialysis Center0.89 miles away1836 Sierra Gardens Dr., Suite 150 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 772-0306
- Rai Secret Ravine Parkway2.1 miles away1451 Secret Ravine Parkway Suite 130 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 773-4000
- Antelope Dialysis Center3.48 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Rai Fairway Rocklin3.52 miles away6000 Fairway Drive Ste #14 Rocklin California 95677Dialysis Stations: 14 (916) 624-3871
- Orangevale Dialysis Center5.55 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- North Highlands Dialysis Center6.75 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic6.82 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644