Oak Park Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Oak Park Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care grade turns out to be one of its better grades. The facility received a grade of B- in this area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 66.77852 percent of its patients. This is many points lower than average. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Park Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care, in which this facility received an F. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The final area we graded is nursing. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility averaged only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Park Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oak Park Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oak Park Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oak Park Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents who experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oak Park Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oak Park Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oak Park Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oak Park Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oak Park Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oak Park Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Oak Park Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oak Park Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Oak Park Care Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Oak Park Care Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 0.61 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis0.73 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Rai Care Center -Hampton1.48 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- St Louis Dialysis1.49 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown1.74 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.93 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center1.95 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Fmc - University City2.51 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- Forest Park Kidney Center2.72 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800