Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. You could definitely do worse than this place. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
37 North Clark Avenue,
Saint Louis MO 63135
76.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of A for our long-term care grade. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 83.16831 percent of its patients. This is a few points less than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing rating. In fact, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of D. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This place offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care, which ended up being this facility's least impressive area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that area. Unfortunately, this category hurt the facility's overall profile to some degree. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the staffing figures we looked at. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 5.4% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 86.07% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Oak Knoll Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Metro St Louis Dialysis Center, LLC1.63 miles away10160 W Florissant Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 869-4978
- Fresenius of Normandy1.77 miles away25 North Oaks Plaza Saint Louis Missouri 63121CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 389-4105
- Westfall Dialysis1.82 miles away8029 W Florissant Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 382-2869
- Metro Dialysis Center - North2.08 miles away2 Grandview Plaza Florissant Missouri 63033CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (314) 831-7990
- Florissant Dialysis2.17 miles away10887 W Florissant Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63136CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 524-5737
- Natural Bridge Dialysis2.31 miles away8980 Natural Bridge Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63121Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 426-2064
- Fmc - St Louis Northeast2.88 miles away2840 Target Dr Saint Louis Missouri 63136Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 355-1322
- Fmc - Florissant3.13 miles away577 Hodershell Road Florissant Missouri 63031Dialysis Stations: 13 (314) 831-2178