Novi Lakes Health Campus is a small facility in Novi, Michigan. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. As far as we can see, this nursing home should be a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this place was consistent in all four of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Novi Lakes Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Novi, Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better grades in that area, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
The second highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is well below average. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. While this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Novi Lakes Health Campus?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category is its short-term care grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our short-term care grade is often used to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To provide highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in that category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98.78049 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Novi Lakes Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 3.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Novi Lakes Health Campus, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Novi, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Novi, Michigan has 4 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.15 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 13.66 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis1.03 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita3.35 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc4.03 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.6 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870
- Fmc - Botsford Park5.69 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita6.69 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis6.95 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia7.65 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409