Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center-Snu is in the large metropolitan area of Charlotte, North Carolina with a total of 790,689 people. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Charlotte, which is a B-. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a good fit for most people. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center-Snu
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
200 Hawthorne Lane,
Charlotte NC 28207
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Short-term Care Quality
We want to point out that this facility received a far better grade for short-term care than its overall score. It received one of our highest scores in that category with an A-. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility also excelled in nursing, where it earned a grade of B+. In computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center-Snu?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong score in our long-term care category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this category. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. This score was very detrimental to this facility's overall grade. For facilities that received this bad of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was hit with 3 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines recently of over $100,000. This typically signifies that a bad performance has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.28 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Presbyterian Hospital0.1 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte North Carolina 28204Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 384-4034
- Bma East Charlotte0.79 miles away1334 Central Avenue Charlotte North Carolina 28205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 334-2226
- Fresenius Medical Care Charlotte0.92 miles away928 Baxter Street Charlotte North Carolina 28204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 348-2950
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit0.99 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis1.8 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Charlotte Dialysis2.99 miles away2321 W Morehead Street Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (704) 333-5535
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate3.37 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Charlotte4.01 miles away3057 Freedom Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (704) 393-5509