Northview Village is located in Saint Louis, Missouri, which is among the most densely populated cities in the nation. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. This wasn't the worse nursing home we found, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong nursing grade. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category scores
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our nursing rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded favorable short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher grades in this area, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest grade. Our short-term care grade is often employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Northview Village?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care grade. This is not a very good score. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We discovered that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 77.04082 percent of its patients, which is a bit of a concern. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
The final category we assessed is inspections. Unfortunately, this nursing home didn't receive favorable government inspections in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F. For nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This facility was assessed a category J through K deficiency, which rank among the worst deficiencies. This generally means that the government inspectors uncovered a deficiency which puts patient health or safety in imminent jeopardy. Lastly, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines of more than $100,000. This generally signifies that a nursing home's poor track record spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Northview Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Northview Village, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Northview Village, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Northview Village, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Northview Village, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Northview Village, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Northview Village, 4.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Northview Village, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Northview Village, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Northview Village, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Northview Village, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Northview Village, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Northview Village, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC1.03 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480
- St Louis Dialysis1.94 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown1.97 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2.12 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center2.14 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Forest Park Kidney Center2.17 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Fmc - Chouteau2.8 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Fmc - University City3.06 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378