North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt is the only option we found in Mohegan Lake, New York. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive grades. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the country. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another strong feature for this nursing home is that it received a favorable long-term care grade. Indeed, this proved to be its second best category grade. In this area, we gave this facility a B+. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 95.75971 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our better scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. Our short-term care grades are presumably most critical for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
The last category we assessed was nursing. We awarded this facility one of our higher grades in this category, with a B. Even though this isn't as dominant as several of its other scores, it is still a perfectly acceptable grade. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that had a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 13.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 91.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Keller Ach (West Point)Acute Care - Department of Defense 8.07 miles away900 Washington Rd West Point New York 10996Department of Defense(845) 938-4034
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- St Luke's Cornwall HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away70 Dubois Street Newburgh New York 12550Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 561-4400
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center2.22 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Yorktown Akc2.88 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Davita Celia Dill Dialysis Center11.05 miles away667 Stoneleigh Avenue Suite 123 Carmel New York 10512CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (845) 278-4150
- Fishkill Dialysis Center14.71 miles away60 Merritt Blvd Suite 103 Fishkill New York 12524CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 440-1280
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis15.03 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC15.07 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Liberty Hudson Valley Dialysis15.21 miles away4 Corwin Court Newburgh New York 12550CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (845) 534-9823
- Vestal Healthcare, LLC.15.28 miles away1485 Route 9d Wappingers Falls New York 12590Dialysis Stations: 12 (845) 838-8907