North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt is the only option we found in Mohegan Lake, New York. This nursing home turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. You could certainly do much worse than this place. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this place also earned first-rate health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of A+. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most nursing homes in this area. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 95.373665 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities third best category was short-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is basically a slightly below average score in this area. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Our last area is nursing, in which we gave this facility a grade of B- in this category. In determining our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This place averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 13.2% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 91.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Westchester Restorative Therapy & Nrsg Crt, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Keller Ach (West Point)Acute Care - Department of Defense 8.07 miles away900 Washington Rd West Point New York 10996Department of Defense(845) 938-4034
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- St Luke's Cornwall HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.87 miles away70 Dubois Street Newburgh New York 12550Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 561-4400
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center2.22 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Yorktown Akc2.88 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Davita Celia Dill Dialysis Center11.05 miles away667 Stoneleigh Avenue Suite 123 Carmel New York 10512CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (845) 278-4150
- Fishkill Dialysis Center14.71 miles away60 Merritt Blvd Suite 103 Fishkill New York 12524CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 440-1280
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis15.03 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC15.07 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Liberty Hudson Valley Dialysis15.21 miles away4 Corwin Court Newburgh New York 12550CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (845) 534-9823
- Vestal Healthcare, LLC.15.28 miles away1485 Route 9d Wappingers Falls New York 12590Dialysis Stations: 12 (845) 838-8907