North Park Senior Living is one of just a few available nursing homes in Brookpark, Ohio. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. This nursing home seems to have a few things working in its favor. We were also pleased to find that this place was consistent in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
North Park Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Brookpark, Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Brookpark, Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Brookpark, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive score in our short-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B in this category. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about North Park Senior Living?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of C in this category. In calculating our long-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's personal care services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home was awarded a C for nursing, which is generally a respectable score. Nursing ratings are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Park Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Park Senior Living, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Park Senior Living, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Park Senior Living, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Park Senior Living, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Park Senior Living, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Park Senior Living, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Park Senior Living, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Park Senior Living, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Park Senior Living, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Park Senior Living, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Park Senior Living, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Park Senior Living, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.66 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West0.64 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis2.2 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights2.2 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis2.4 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Davita - Parma Dialysis2.99 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern4.12 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis4.78 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis5.5 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700