North Las Vegas Care Center is a nursing home in North Las Vegas, Nevada, which has 214,518 people. This nursing home was given an alarming overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in North Las Vegas. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
North Las Vegas Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3215 E. Cheyenne Ave.,
North Las Vegas NV 89030
82.69% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall grade was terrible, it actually fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have too many severe deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our short-term care score and that actually ended up being its next most respectable category. Our short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about North Las Vegas Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our long-term care rating. This is not a score to write home about. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 53.345726 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
The final area we rated was nursing, in which this facility received a rock bottom grade in this category as well. It received an F for this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Las Vegas Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 8.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 2.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 1.66% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 19.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 2.25% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 76.14% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 14.91% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 17.97% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 17.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 9.39 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 65.91% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 7.83 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 7.93 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- North Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)1.84 miles away2065 North Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas Nevada 89030CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 639-0469
- Lake Mead Dialysis Center2.75 miles away713 E Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 642-0216
- Lake Mead North (Fmc)3.56 miles away1581 Mount Mariah Drive Suite 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89106Dialysis Stations: 32 (702) 647-4089
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)4.16 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558
- Red Moon Dialysis4.61 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC4.99 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)5.25 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)5.75 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908