North Las Vegas Care Center is a nursing home in North Las Vegas, Nevada, which has 214,518 people. This is not a high quality nursing home with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in North Las Vegas. This isn't the worse facility we found, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
North Las Vegas Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections category. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid places that had a long list of severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities second best area is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this area. In crafting our long-term care scores, we quantify the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 56.530613 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points lower than what we expected. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about North Las Vegas Care Center?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is short-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With a score of this caliber for this area, we were not surprised to discover this place was below average in two of the key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Las Vegas Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 10.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 3.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 77.28% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 14.36% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 22.51% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 22.51 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Las Vegas Care Center, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 7.83 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 7.93 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- North Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)1.84 miles away2065 North Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas Nevada 89030CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 639-0469
- Lake Mead Dialysis Center2.75 miles away713 E Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 642-0216
- Lake Mead North (Fmc)3.56 miles away1581 Mount Mariah Drive Suite 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89106Dialysis Stations: 32 (702) 647-4089
- Northeast Las Vegas (Fmc)4.16 miles away321 N. Nellis Blvd Suite 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 531-3558
- Red Moon Dialysis4.61 miles away900 S Main St Las Vegas Nevada 89101Dialysis Stations: 36 (702) 383-9741
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC4.99 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Desert Inn Dialysis (Fmc)5.25 miles away2545 S Bruce St, Ste 100 Las Vegas Nevada 89169CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 735-5477
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)5.75 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908