North Lake Care Center is an average-sized nursing home in West Palm Beach, Florida. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our best grades. Despite West Palm Beach offering 12 nursing homes available, this one managed to stand out as a superb choice. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive.
North Lake Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A-. Our nursing rating is based on numerous subcategories. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about North Lake Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care score. This rounded out a very favorable profile. Our short-term care scores are arguably more meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Lake Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Lake Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Lake Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Lake Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Lake Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Lake Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Lake Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Lake Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Lake Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Lake Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In North Lake Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Lake Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 11 other nursing homes
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 2.79 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit2.61 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC2.7 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Continental Dialysis Care3.18 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.67 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers3.77 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches4 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.4 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach5.65 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981