Located in West Palm Beach, Florida, North Lake Care Center is one of six available facilities in this city. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the top grades that we offer. Based on our assessment, this place is a wonderful choice for most people. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category grades, which look to be equally strong as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
North Lake Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Palm Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about North Lake Care Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing grade is based on many factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we graded, this facility was given an impressive grade grade of A in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility completed a straight A profile. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Lake Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Lake Care Center, 8.6% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Lake Care Center, 0.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Lake Care Center, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Lake Care Center, 12.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Lake Care Center, 15.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Lake Care Center, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Lake Care Center, 100% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Lake Care Center, 6.37% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Lake Care Center, 4.75% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In North Lake Care Center, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Lake Care Center, 4.75% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Lake Care Center, 10.8% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 2.79 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit2.61 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC2.7 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Continental Dialysis Care3.18 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.67 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers3.77 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches4 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC5.4 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach5.65 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981