North Auburn Rehab & Health Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Auburn, Washington. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. While the city grade in Auburn which is also just a D, you still should be able to find a better option. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our nursing category, which you can read more about below.
North Auburn Rehab & Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a weak overall score, we gave it a B in nursing. In determining a facility's nursing score, we look at the number of hours nurses are caring for residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home received just a D in this area. As it turns out, this proved to be one of its better grades. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about North Auburn Rehab & Health Center?
We wanted to point out this facility's inspection score where it received an F. This typically means we found some red flags on its inspections. For facilities with poor inspection scores, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received significant government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This generally means that a nursing home's bad performance spanned multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities offer. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated only 85.38011 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Auburn Rehab & Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 13.74% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 93.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Auburn, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of F
Looking for more options? Auburn, Washington has 3 other nursing homes
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- St Elizabeth HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.79 miles away1450 Battersby Avenue Enumclaw Washington 98022Voluntary non-profit - Church(360) 825-2505
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center1.59 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center3.1 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center4.01 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Total Renal Care, Inc4.5 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Kent Community Dialysis Center5.1 miles away21851 84th Ave S Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 872-5474
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus5.55 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center5.59 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center8.45 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335