North Auburn Rehab & Health Center is the only facility we found in Auburn, Washington. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. This facility seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile was is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
North Auburn Rehab & Health Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2830 I Street Northeast,
Auburn WA 98002
42.79% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility an impressive grade of A- for our short-term care grade. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our short-term care scores are crucial for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of care from registered nurses to its residents. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country with 60.9 percent of its residents returning home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A-. We looked at the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in determining our grade in this area. With 4.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day, this nursing home surpassed the national average. Finally, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. By way of illustration, in terms of the percentage of its patients sustaining falls leading to serious injury, this facility performed as well as just about any facility we assessed. Avoiding major falls is often a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about North Auburn Rehab & Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade. This is not an impressive grade. Facilities that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. This facility's vaccination statistics weren't as favorable some of its other datapoints in this category, such as its nursing hours data. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 87.05882 percent of its residents. We'd like to see some improvement herein this statistic in the future. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at limiting hospitalizations. While it had 2.79 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was not as bad due to it having some more complex patients. This is its best feature in this category
The final category we looked at is inspections. Unfortunately, this nursing home didn't receive glowing inspections in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F in this area. Since this information is compiled by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this area. This really dragged down this place's overall score. For places that received this bad of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was hit with 9 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place received significant government fines recently totaling more than $100,000. This typically indicates that a poor track record has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
North Auburn Rehab & Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 3.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 13.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 12.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 14.66% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 93.57% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 13.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 23.08% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 0.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 23.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 11.09 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In North Auburn Rehab & Health Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.35 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- St Elizabeth HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.79 miles away1450 Battersby Avenue Enumclaw Washington 98022Voluntary non-profit - Church(360) 825-2505
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center1.59 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center3.1 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center4.01 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Total Renal Care, Inc4.5 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Kent Community Dialysis Center5.1 miles away21851 84th Ave S Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 872-5474
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus5.55 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center5.59 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center8.45 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335