Located in Liberty, Missouri, Norterre is one of four facilities in this city. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B- which is an acceptable overall score. Although this is a middle of the road grade, this facility still graded out better than most of the nursing homes in Liberty. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility excelled in our short-term care category, with an A- in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is often a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also excelled in inspections, where it received an B+. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Norterre?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing grade weighs numerous factors. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages just 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a D in this category. Unfortunately, this score pulled down the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Norterre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Norterre, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Norterre, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Norterre, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Norterre, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Norterre, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Norterre, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Norterre, 88.53% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Norterre, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Norterre, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Norterre, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Norterre, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Norterre, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Norterre, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Liberty, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Liberty, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Liberty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr Liberty Missouri 64069Government - Hospital District or Authority(816) 781-7200
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Saint Lukes North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.03 miles away5830 N W Barry Road Kansas City Missouri 64154Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 891-6000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 11.99 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Shoal Creek Dialysis1.93 miles away8260 N Booth Avenue Kansas City Missouri 64158Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 792-2502
- Liberty Dialysis3.91 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr. Liberty Missouri 64068Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 781-4422
- Northland Dialysis7.58 miles away2750 Clay Edwards Dr. #100 Kansas City Missouri 64116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (816) 842-2056
- Isd - Kansas City Renal Center7.87 miles away4333 Madison Ave Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 756-0645
- Independence Dialysis Center7.95 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Hospital Hill Dialysis8.57 miles away900 E 21st Street Kansas City Missouri 64108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 842-9286
- Home Dialysis Services Kc Midtown LLC11.37 miles away1728 Holmes St Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 6 (816) 381-6167
- Platte Woods Dialysis11.4 miles away7667 Nw Prairie View Rd Kansas City Missouri 64151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 746-5542