Nhc Place at Cool Springs is the only nursing home we found in Franklin, Tennessee. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this facility is among the more impressive facilities we assessed. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all facilities nationally. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Nhc Place at Cool Springs
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
211 Cool Springs Blvd,
Franklin TN 37067
41.23% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Franklin, Tennessee Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. In our short-term care rating, we strive to create a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Nhc Place at Cool Springs?
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, which proved to be a low point for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of D in our long-term care category, making this the facility's least impressive category. We would nevertheless suggest that you look at the bigger picture. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this nursing home administered the vaccine to just 34.554974 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nhc Place at Cool Springs Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 9.14% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 88.31% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Many would argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nhc Place at Cool Springs, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Rolling Hills Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 2.12 miles away2014 Quail Hollow Circle Franklin Tennessee 37067Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 226-4930
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.11 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.83 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.37 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Rcg Franklin1.58 miles away1120 Lakeview Drive Suite 400 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 599-9810
- Williamson County Dialysis2.15 miles away3983 Carothers Pkwy Suite E-4 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 9 (615) 794-4423
- Dci Southern Hills11.66 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis12.22 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Dialysis Associate, LLC12.38 miles away5214 Hickory Hollow Parkway Antioch Tennessee 37013Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 731-6368
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic12.6 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Dialysis Associates, LLC13.16 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Franklin, LLC13.27 miles away8048 Station Hill Dr Spring Hill Tennessee 37174Dialysis Stations: 13 (931) 489-9009