With an address in Hendersonville, Tennessee, Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville is the only nursing home we found in the area. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the United States. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you'll find. This facility also received very consistent grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. Inspections ended up being its best category. In this area, we awarded this nursing home an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B+. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 90.67164 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be slightly below what we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the short-term care category. We awarded it a B+ for that area. This topped off a very impressive report card. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have suffered falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 8.67% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 89.63% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nhc Healthcare, Hendersonville, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Tristar Hendersonville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away355 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Proprietary(615) 338-1000
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Sumner Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away555 Hartsville Pike Gallatin Tennessee 37066Proprietary(615) 452-4210
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.09 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.54 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.08 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Fmc Hendersonville1 miles away230 New Shackle Island Road Suite 200 Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 826-5848
- Fresenius Medical Care Goodlettsville, LLC4.34 miles away740 Conference Dr Goodlettsville Tennessee 37072Dialysis Stations: 13 (615) 859-2661
- Dci Madison8.25 miles away605 West Due West Avenue Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 26 (615) 865-7310
- Davita Briley Parkway Dialysis8.35 miles away1221 Briarville Rd Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 16 (615) 865-9363
- Dci Summit10 miles away2029 N Mount Juliet Rd Mount Juliet Tennessee 37122Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 889-3444
- Hermitage Dialysis10.01 miles away5530 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 18 Hermitage Tennessee 37076Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 232-7219
- Rcg Madison10.02 miles away220 West Maplewood Lane Nashville Tennessee 37207CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (615) 870-1508
- Isd Renal Inc10.1 miles away1050 Herschel Dr Mount Juliet Tennessee 37122Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 758-1970