With an address in Knoxville, Tennessee, Nhc Healthcare, Farragut is one of eight available nursing homes in the city. This nursing home is a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. This nursing home definitely has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Nhc Healthcare, Farragut
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Knoxville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this area. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of achievements, it also was given a very favorable short-term care score. We gave them an elite grade of A in this category. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more important for folks needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Nhc Healthcare, Farragut?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. We looked at the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses were with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most facilities. Finally, nursing ratings also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a grade of B-. This actually proved to be this facility's worst area. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 97.53087 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nhc Healthcare, Farragut Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 9.14% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 88.31% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nhc Healthcare, Farragut, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Knoxville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Knoxville, Tennessee has 7 other nursing homes
- Fort Loudon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away550 Fort Loudon Medical Center Dr Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Voluntary non-profit - Other(865) 271-6000
- Parkwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away9352 Park West Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 970-9800
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak RidgeAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away990 Oak Ridge Turnpike Box 529 Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 835-1000
- University of Tn Medical Center (The)Acute Care Hospitals 14.23 miles away1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville Tennessee 37920Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 544-9000
- Blount Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away907 E Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville Tennessee 37804Government - Local(865) 983-7211
- East Tennessee Childrens HospitalChildrens 15.17 miles away2018 Clinch Ave Sw Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-8000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.22 miles away1901 W Clinch Ave Knoxville Tennessee 37916Voluntary non-profit - Private(865) 541-1101
- Tennova Healthcare-North Knoxville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away7565 Dannaher Way Powell Powell Tennessee 37849Proprietary(865) 545-8000
- Tannor Dialysis LLC1.58 miles away111 S Campbell Station Rd Knoxville Tennessee 37934Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 777-2750
- Fmc West Knoxville2.05 miles away11305 Station West Knoxville Tennessee 37922Dialysis Stations: 13 (865) 966-5100
- Fmc Loudon Dialysis6.04 miles away200 Interchange Park Drive Lenoir City Tennessee 37772Dialysis Stations: 21 (865) 986-5257
- Fmc Cedar Bluff6.21 miles away431 Park 40 North Blvd Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 19 (865) 690-7517
- Knoxville Central Dialysis6.47 miles away9141 Cross Park Drive Suite 102 Knoxville Tennessee 37923Dialysis Stations: 8 (865) 531-4681
- Fmc Oak Ridge10.94 miles away650 Briarcliff Avenue Oak Ridge Tennessee 37830Dialysis Stations: 17 (865) 482-7650
- Total Renal Care, Inc.14.12 miles away714 East Harper Street Maryville Tennessee 37804CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (865) 379-1070
- East Tennessee Dialysis Center14.25 miles away1629 East Broadway Avenue Maryville Tennessee 37804Dialysis Stations: 18 (865) 681-2900