Newport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a small facility located in Newport Beach, California. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is one of the better nursing homes we looked at. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Newport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Newport Beach, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Newport Beach, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Newport Beach, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a very strong short-term care score. In fact, this is its second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A. Our short-term care grades are critical for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Newport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing grades are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care, in which this facility was given a B-. This is this facility's least impressive area. This is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. Long-term care grades are generally used to assess a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on vaccination rates. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Newport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Newport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Newport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Fmc-Newport Superior Dialysis Center0.1 miles away510 Superior Avenue, Suite 150 Newport Beach California 92663CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (949) 574-4733
- Fmc-Newport Beach Dialysis1.21 miles away3333 W. Coast Highway, Suite 101 Newport Beach California 92663Dialysis Stations: 16 (949) 631-0107
- Davita-Newport Irvine Dialysis3.26 miles away4300 Von Karman Newport Beach California 92660Dialysis Stations: 17 (949) 863-1382
- Fmc-Newport Mesa Dialysis Services4.03 miles away1175 Baker Street, Suite B Costa Mesa California 92626CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 641-5808
- Davita-Costa Mesa Dialysis4.72 miles away1590 Scenic Avenue Costa Mesa California 92626CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 540-9401
- Davita-Fountain Valley Dialysis4.99 miles away17150 Euclid Street, Suite 111 Fountain Valley California 92708CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 966-1595
- Fmc-Rai-Newhope-Fountain Valley5.62 miles away17197 Newhope Street, Suite a, B, C & D Fountain Valley California 92708CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 241-0196
- Fmc-Rai-Fountain Valley Home5.7 miles away17197 Newhope Street, Suite E Fountain Valley California 92708Dialysis Stations: 3 (714) 435-0281