The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester is in Rochester, New York. This city is one of the most populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a population of 478,127 people. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Rochester, which is a B-. You could definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this place's report card was its stellar inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section.
The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection score was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it an A. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we awarded it a first-rate long-term care score. Indeed, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 82.898544 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. We gave this nursing home an D. There are quite a few criteria within this category. Most of the factors are tied to staffing levels. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home really did not fare very well. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this was its weakest category. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. With a score of this caliber for this category, we were not stunned to discover that this place was well below average in two of the key staffing metrics we assess. In fact, it offered significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 13.6% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 91.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Pearl Nursing Center of Rochester, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Rochester, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Rochester, New York has 21 other nursing homes
- Rochester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away1425 Portland Avenue Rochester New York 14621Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 922-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away1000 South Avenue Rochester New York 14620Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 341-6736
- Strong Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 275-2121
- Unity Hospital of RochesterAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 723-7000
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.0.56 miles away999 E. Ridge Road Suite 11 Rochester New York 14621Dialysis Stations: 25 (585) 266-7348
- Rochester General Hospital Dialysis Center1.25 miles away370 Ridge Road East Ste. 10 Rochester New York 14621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (585) 922-0300
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - St. Mary's3.96 miles away89 Genesee Street St. Mary's Campus Dialysis Rochester New York 14611Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 368-3934
- Rochester General Hospital - Bay Creek Dialysis Center4.2 miles away2010 Empire Boulevard Webster New York 14580CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 922-0580
- University of Rochester5.14 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Dialysis Stations: 2 (585) 275-2829
- Strong Health Dialysis-Clinton Crossings5.55 miles away2400 South Clinton Avenue Building F Rochester New York 14618CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (585) 461-0770
- Fms-Monroe Community Dialysis5.61 miles away435 East Henrietta Road Hope Bldg Rochester New York 14620Dialysis Stations: 16 (585) 292-0076
- Fms - Greece Dialysis Center5.85 miles away1570 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 225-1422