New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is located in Easton, Pennsylvania. The city has a total of 83,703 people. With an overall grade of A-, this is clearly a high quality nursing home. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in Easton, which boasts a strong selection of facilities. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2125 Fairview Avenue,
Easton PA 18042
89.17% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given a top-shelf grade of A- in our long-term care category. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility received a high-end score of A- in our short-term care area. Short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The next area we graded was nursing. This facility was given a better than average nursing grade in our assessment, with a grade of B-. Although this wasn't nearly as elite as a few of its other category grades, this is still an acceptable grade for this area. The nursing score consists of several components, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared with most other nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. While this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this subcategory. This is often a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 88.22% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Easton, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Easton, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center0.59 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton2.29 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr3.61 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc7.77 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem8.85 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem9.43 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.31 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC12.38 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706