New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is located in Easton, Pennsylvania. The city has a total of 83,703 people. With an overall grade of A-, this is clearly a high quality nursing home. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in Easton, which boasts a strong selection of facilities. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Easton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this facility earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given a top-shelf grade of A- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most important for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a high-end long-term care score. Indeed, this is this nursing home's third best category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next category we looked at is nursing. We gave this nursing home a solid score in that area, with a B-. While this isn't as dominant as several of this facility's other grades, it is still not a terrible score. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. While this nursing home ranked poorly in terms of the quantity of nursing care offered, it surprisingly performed admirably in some of our quality measures. In fact, it was above average in two of the major areas we assess, with good scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 5.02% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 14.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 33.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.16% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.47% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.55% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.03% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Easton, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Easton, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center0.59 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton2.29 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr3.61 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc7.77 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem8.85 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem9.43 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.31 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC12.38 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706