Neshaminy Manor Home is the only nursing home we found in Warrington, Pennsylvania. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. In our view, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Neshaminy Manor Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1660 Easton Road,
Warrington PA 18976
97.97% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded a very impressive long-term care grade. In fact, long-term care turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a dangerous ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Neshaminy Manor Home?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. In determining our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care, which proved to be this facility's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. Nevertheless, you should not assess this nursing home based only on a single weak category, as it received multiple very strong scores in other categories. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Neshaminy Manor Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 3.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 86.27% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Neshaminy Manor Home, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.56 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.34 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown0.31 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus3.31 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis5.68 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale7.4 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.79 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington7.88 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis8.52 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis8.67 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115