Nazareth Health and Rehab Center is one of just a couple available nursing homes located in Stoughton, Wisconsin. It looks like this is a fine facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable grade. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a solid choice for quite a few people. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Nazareth Health and Rehab Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
814 Jackson St,
Stoughton WI 53589
73.23% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong facility is that it received an impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections is its best category. In this area, we gave it an A. Inspection scores are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.137344 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.69 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Nazareth Health and Rehab Center?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing grade is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 3.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, we also considered a few quality-based statistics in this category. Although this facility didn't rank well in terms of its nursing hours, it performed better in some of the quality measures we looked at. For example, in terms of the number of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, this nursing home fared better than the national average. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented with better nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care. We gave it a grade of C in that area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this category. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more important for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. This facility provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 42.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nazareth Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 6.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 3.34% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 3.01% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 13.02% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 6.7% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 91.56% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 13.47% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 22.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 22.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nazareth Health and Rehab Center, 74.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Stoughton HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 0.96 miles away900 Ridge St Stoughton Wisconsin 53589Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 873-6611
- Edgerton Hospital and Health ServicesCritical Access Hospitals 11.15 miles away11101 N Sherman Road Edgerton Wisconsin 53534Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 884-3441
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - MadisonAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away700 South Park St Madison Wisconsin 53715Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 251-6100
- Unitypoint Health - MeriterAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away202 S Park St Madison Wisconsin 53715Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 417-6000
- University of Wi Hospitals & Clinics AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away600 Highland Avenue Madison Wisconsin 53792Government - Hospital District or Authority(608) 261-0025
- Mercy Health System CorpAcute Care Hospitals 18.99 miles away1000 Mineral Point Ave Janesville Wisconsin 53548Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 756-6080
- Fresenius Medical Care - Madison Capitol11.69 miles away2840 Index Road Madison Wisconsin 53713CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (608) 229-7222
- Wi Dialysis Inc - Fitchburg Clinic11.8 miles away3034 Fish Hatchery Road Madison Wisconsin 53713CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (608) 270-5600
- Wi Dialysis Inc - East16.07 miles away4600 American Pkwy, Suite 108 Madison Wisconsin 53718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (608) 243-3003
- Bio-Medical Applications of Wisconsin, Inc.16.48 miles away2831 O'keeffe Ave Sun Prairie Wisconsin 53590Dialysis Stations: 17 (608) 274-6358
- Davita - Sun Prairie Dialysis17.15 miles away719 Bunny Trl Sun Prairie Wisconsin 53590Dialysis Stations: 12 (608) 825-6556
- Davita - Janesville18.81 miles away1305 Woodman Rd Janesville Wisconsin 53545Dialysis Stations: 12 (608) 741-4181
- Bio-Medical Applications of Wisconsin, Inc.18.91 miles away1407 Creston Park Dr Janesville Wisconsin 53545Dialysis Stations: 13 (608) 752-6362
- Mercy Regional Dialysis Center19.04 miles away903 Mineral Point Avenue Janesville Wisconsin 53548CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (608) 741-3814