Naamans Creek Country Manor is in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 19,997 people. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the United States. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this place. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category ratings, which look to be equally strong as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Naamans Creek Country Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1194 Naamans Creek Road,
Marcus Hook PA 19061
81.22% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine assessment, this nursing home also received a superb long-term care grade, with a grade of A-. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 89.90385 percent of its patients, which is slightly lower than we expected. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Naamans Creek Country Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Very few nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more important for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In the last area, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our nursing rating. This finished off a very favorable profile. In determining our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Naamans Creek Country Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 86.27% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 4.84 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 13.07 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.97 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 14.11 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.34 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.1.67 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc1.8 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center5.02 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington5.57 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park5.87 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Riddle Dialysis Center6.31 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Upland Dialysis Center6.75 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington6.76 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142