Naamans Creek Country Manor is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good.
Naamans Creek Country Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great nursing home overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessment, this facility also received a superb short-term care score, with a score of A-. Our short-term care scores are arguably more meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Naamans Creek Country Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our stronger grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.95348 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last area, we gave this nursing home a A+ for our nursing rating. This finished off a very favorable profile. In determining our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Naamans Creek Country Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 3.23% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Naamans Creek Country Manor, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 4.84 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 13.07 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.97 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 14.11 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.34 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.1.67 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc1.8 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center5.02 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington5.57 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park5.87 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Riddle Dialysis Center6.31 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Upland Dialysis Center6.75 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington6.76 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142